March Pump is a manufacturer of pumps and motors for use in various chemical, industrial, medical, marine, solar and OEM applications. Their website provides site visitors with a unique pump search tool, product details to aid in the decision making/purchasing process, along with a distributor search tool that identifies local contacts for purchasing March Pump products.
March Pump enrolled in our SEO program in early 2013 to help increase awareness of their product line, drive traffic to their distributor network and hopefully improve sales figures as a result. With these goals in mind, we knew that the success of March Pump’s SEO program would rest on the development and execution of engaging content for both site visitors and search engines alike.
To kick-off the SEO program, Deep Footprint and March Pump worked together to identify opportunities to generate new content, expand existing product details and develop blog topics to work in-line with our keyword driven efforts. Alongside our content-specific efforts, we also updated the information architecture to have a more general ‘pump’ focus (vs. ‘March Pump’) and optimized digital assets to bolster the campaign and increase visibility within relevant online searches.
Since the start of March Pump’s SEO campaign in early 2013, our efforts have helped generate the following positive site traffic and search ranking results:
- Overall site traffic has increased 13% – that’s 30,537 visits over the course of the campaign vs. 27,079 visitors over the same time period prior to the campaign
- Referral traffic from other websites is up 17% and organic traffic from target keywords is up 40%
- Conversions (completed contact forms) have increased 87% since the SEO program began
- Impressions (appearances in search results) have increased 21% and are generating 90% more clicks than before
- Product landing page traffic has increased on average by 33% (in some cases by as much as 125% and 156%), indicating that people are not only conducting searches for specific products, but that they’re finding relevant product information more readily
- Keyword traffic for specific category phrases “Magnetic Drive Pump” and “Magnetic Pump” have increased by 62% and 131% respectively – a contributing factor to the increase in landing page traffic and a departure from the majority of referral traffic coming from branded keywords such as ‘March Pump’ and ‘March Manufacturing’
Prior to engaging our SEO team, March Pump relied on their existing industry status to generate web traffic. Now, with the campaign efforts focused on increasing their web presence and online exposure, March Pump has not only increased the size of their audience but they have improved their search rankings amongst myriad search terms.
As the campaign progresses we’re continuing to diversify March Pump’s SEO exposure and are now focusing on the social media space and embracing efforts not currently employed by the competition. The expectation is that by seizing these opportunities, March Pump can continue to stay ahead of the SEO curve by engaging brand-loyal customers across varying channels, drawing prospective customers from new markets and reaping the benefits of on-going search algorithm changes.
“They allowed my company to no longer be viewed as part of the 20th century, we are now legitimately seen as a business that has kept up with the times. I feel there is good interaction between myself, the SEO team, and my project manager. When choosing an SEO vendor, we took in mind that they are easy to get ahold of for any questions (which we know from our previous experiences with them as our website designer) and also that they have a competitive rate compared to the larger SEO companies.”
– Otto Zimmerman, March Pump